Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Back to blogging- where I've been

So I've been off of the blog for a while. It's been a combination of factors. In January, I had a rough time here. The horrible weather, just leaving my family, and the guy I had been hanging out with for a while decided he didn't really want to hang out anymore. I had a short quick burst of genius though and made my bucketlist of things to do in Berlin before I leave. And the list is long :) Looking forward to the next four months here.

I also went traveling for the last month, which most of you know, I really enjoy. I saw loads of incredible things in 5 different countries: France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, and Ireland. Even better was I had friends in 3 out of 5 places which saved me incredible amounts of money and I got to see some really good friends that I haven't seen in a while. More about this later...

February was a different story. As many of you know (if you are reading this I am sure you know) one of my best friends, Kylie, was hit by a drunk driver while crossing the street and sustained major brain injuries. Two months later she is doing much better but it is baby steps.

Her and I in Texas this time last year:


I am so thankful that I have a strong group of friends at home, I do not know what I would do here without them. They are amazing, beautiful, smart girls that I am so lucky to have in my life. We have all been there for each other for the last 8 years of our lives, and it didn't change after Kylie got hurt. I do not know what I would've done without them. Kristen, Sarah, Nicole, and of course Kylie last July:



I didn't want to blog after this. I felt like I was bringing unwanted attention onto myself, when all of my thoughts were going to Kylie. It was hard for me to do anything the following week. Thank goodness I have wonderful friends here that were very understanding and did everything in their power to cheer me up. A week later we were receiving better news about Kylie and I was able to celebrate my birthday without crying :) I think I even laughed a few times. To make it even better, Jeff was in Berlin. So I got to celebrate with my wonderful brother. When I got to hug him, it felt so wonderful and was exactly what the doctor had prescribed :)

So before more about that, on my travels I've collected pictures of crosses in various countries. At every one, I said a prayer for Kylie. I wish that I could see her and tell her that I love her, but I know in four months my time will come. I only ask if you are reading this to say a prayer for Ky; she's doing great and your prayers will only help.

A small town in South of France:


A wonderful hike to this one near Montpelier, France:


Cascais, Portugal:


Suburb of Lisbon, Portugal:


Copenhagen, Denmark:


Dublin, Ireland:


County Meath, Ireland:


I'll leave you with this lovely picture of Dublin the day after St. Patty's day. It's views like this that remind me that miracles do happen and to have faith. Keep going Ky.

No comments:

Post a Comment